Holiday Gift Card Holders!

Bookmark/FavoritesShare/Bookmark

Got a couple of gift cards for people this christmas, so thought I’d add a little ‘time’ to wrapping such a quick gift and made ornament holders. Here are both fronts.

Here are the backs with the slot for the card.

Here is how the project progressed:

I bought this at Michaels last sale (30% off entire purchase coupon including sale items). I’ve never bought a My Mind’s Eye brand paper pack. This christmas pack was sitting next to DCWVs christmas paper pack, but after reviewing both, I decided that I liked this one a little more, and I liked the untraditional color schemes. I grabbed a few sheets out of the pack that coordinated for the ornaments.

I also had these Cosmo Cricket Wonderland Rub-Ons in my stash that I purchased from I believe Scrapbuck.com (http://www.scrapbuck.com)

For the first ornament, I cut 2 label one nestabilities shapes out of paper (front and back), Not pictured but I also cut a piece of acetate out of the label one die, found two santas that were facing each other,  and some Martha Stewart ribbon that matched this paper exactly for the loop.

For some reason, I never thought I could cut two sheets of paper at once but after trying it, I was pleased. The less times having to crank a sandwich through a cuttlebug the better!

I then proceeded to cut out the snowmen, and the sentiment I wanted to use. I put the rub on transfer to the acetate. I then with 3d adhesive, I put the snowmen in place. Behind the acetate where the snowmen were, I put double sided tape to adhere the acetate to the design paper. I also put a bit of clear drying glue stick behind the sentiment to make sure the acetate was stuck fast to the paper.

Turning the ornament around, I put glue on the top half of the ornament. I then placed the ribbon like so in the center. Placing the ribbon ‘this’ way, will allow it to be hung and hang straight forward to see the front. I then placed the top portion (of the 2nd design paper cut out that I cut in two) on the top portion to cover the bottom of the ribbon.

Next, to make a pocket, I took the bottom half of the paper and placed 3d adhesive. To get the strips, I cut off a sliver of the straight edge of my sheet of adhesive. No portion goes unused! Place it on the bottom and you have a pocket for your card!

For the second ornament, I decided on a different design. Here are the pieces I needed to proceed. Two scalloped (largest size) from my Scalloped nestabilities. This paper I got from a DCWV Mat Stack Linen Closet.  The large circle of paper and acetate I cut from the largest circle in the large circle nestabilities set.  The tree, I cut using my Marva Giga Circle Punch. Once again, Martha Stewart ribbon that matched perfectly!

I cut two at a time again for the base of the card.

On the acetate, I transferred the sentiment and glued all the pieces together.

Great little gift holders!

Thanks for visiting!