Had this idea the other day while at work and was able to try it out last night. Making paper flowers.
This first kind used a type of paper I found released by DCWV. Almost like a soft tissue paper.
This kind is made with lighter weight scrapbooking paper.
I took a 12 x 12 piece of scrapbooking paper and folded it in half two times so it was small enough to run through my cuttlebug.
I placed the three smallest scalloped circles from my two sets of nestabilities onto the paper to get the most cut pieces while running it once through the machine.
It cut through all the way except for 2 pieces.
I was left with 4 of each size to work with.
Here is the range of sizes and the coordinating colored brad for the middle.
You take your pieces, and punch a small hole in the middle of each to make it easier to put on the brad. Then you fold or crinkle all the edges as you put them on the brad.
For one of the flowers, I punched the hole in the middle, and then ran it through my crimper.
Here are the results. Kinda chrysanthe-mummy!
For the other flowers, I had this in my stash but never knew really what to use it for. Thought flowers would be perfect.
The nestabilities cut through like butter more than the scrapbooking paper. I grabbed one sheet of each color in the pack, stacked them on top of each other, and ran them through the cuttlebug at the same time. I was able to get 5 sizes from each sheet.
I took each stack and punched a small hole in the center. I was able to do that at the same time because this paper is so thin.
Here are the yellow pieces.
This configuration seemed to work best to quickly, crinkle each color, then open it in the small to large sizes.
Opening them up, I placed them onto the coordinating colored brad, and here is the result. Love it!
I’ve seen people make embellishments to sell on etsy so I was considering it for the craft fair coming up…but i’m not certain yet.
Thanks for visiting!