Made this flower arrangement this past weekend that I wanted to share. I’m estimating the whole thing only cost me less than 5 bucks to make.
A couple years ago, I found a pack of floral foam at a yard sale for a buck. Last year sometime I found these tulips at Michaels on their clearance rack for 75% off I believe which brought them down to about 50 – 60 cents a piece. The burlap was the only thing I paid full price for. Then there is the metal box that I found at a yard sale this past weekend here for 2 bucks 🙂
I had to use 3 of the foam to fill the box. I had this putty knife on hand so I used it to cut the foam and it cut it clean.
I was able to fit them in to fill the whole space.
I probably would not have needed the burlap in here in hindsight, but at the time I wasn’t sure if it would show through the flowers. Once I was done putting the flowers in they became dense enough that I could hardly see the foam.
I cut each of the stems off of the larger stems to make them individual pieces.
The stems had leaves that were low on the stem, so I pushed them up towards the flower so that I had more stem to push into the foam for stability and to get them the right height.
I started pushing them in the middle and worked my way to the outer edges.
All done! Look how full it looks. I’m very happy with the look.