You wake up early on a saturday morning, before all the kids so you can have just a few minutes to yourself in your craft room. You try to go get some supplies out of your Jet Max Cubes as quietly as you can and all of a sudden…SQUEAK!!
For me the sound is like nails on a chalkboard so this solution saved the day for me.
1. Get yourself some wax paper. Roll out a width larger than the width of your jet max cubes.
2. Then either cut it down to exact size with a ruler and xacto knife or scissors. You’ll need a good edge to edge fit
2. Try to cover the whole piece (dull side) with double sided tape. Especially get the VERY edges on the left and right. These will fit in the left and right of the jet max cube.
3. I realized when I took the drawer out a mark where the drawer was rubbing. Be sure to cover this spot with the wax paper the best.
4. The wax paper will not fit all the way to the back. For me it was the sides where the sound was being created and as long as I got the wax paper well taped to that part that was all I needed.
TIP: Be sure that you get the very back taped down well all the way across. The drawer has a tendency to pull it up when you open it and would tear off the wax paper. You ‘could’ possibly glue this down, but I didn’t want to make this ‘that’ permenent if it didn’t work. The tape worked for me and stil does having taken all these pictures about a year ago now.
Wax paper worked for me!
Here is a video of the before and after: