Well…it’s that time of year where I look back to hold myself accountable for the resolutions I set for myself in the beginning of last year.
- Get Healthy – Well, apparently i only half committed to this goal last year. I’m full force however this year. Got myself a fitbit. I finally came to a different mindset now and all the junk food that I used to eat doesn’t even appeal to me anymore. I write this as I’m eating a spinach salad for lunch. I hope to continue this goal the whole year.
- Declutter – This also takes a ‘mindset’ change to complete. For two years, i’ve had a couple baskets full of school papers from kiddo thinking, ‘i need time to go through them cause there are keepsakes in there.’ One day last week, I sat down to just see how many keepsakes there were, and low and behold i threw away 90% of those papers! Which ranges from just print outs, to worksheets that had no special significance to them. The 10 percent left were cute stories he wrote, so I have examples of his handwriting and his thoughts down on paper. THOSE are keepsakes. This has encouraged me to continue on this path. I’m following the Kon Marie method and cleaning my closet out right now.
- Goal Oriented – I got a filofax planner a few months ago. I’m making little notes on what I want to blog about each month. This post being one of them. I feel this will be a great reminder and what i don’t get too, well i’ll jot down for the next month but at least there is ‘some’ goal jotted down that I can remind myself to achieve. Post about Filofax should come later.
- Instagram More Often: Well, I didn’t really do the Project 365 every day…for me it was a little unrealistic to do ‘every’ day. Most days I didn’t really do anything worthy of a photo. I at least attempted it. I also learned that hashtags apparently really do bring attention to your photos more than I anticipated. This I’m certain is obvious to most people, but I never thought anyone would like my photos or start following me but as I’ve started adding just one or two hashtags to my Instagram photos and people seem to be finding and liking them. This will continue….it’s encouraging.
- Work Towards Scrapbooking More Often: This is an ongoing goal. I didn’t do any scrap booking this year….but it’s still on my back burner. My craft room is in a ridiculous state right now being unfortunately a catch all. So once I get done straightening it up AND decluttering it, that will help at least give me the room to feel comfortable in that room again.
- Continue working on Lifestock.co: I am happy with the progress of this website. Not so much in the posting frequently department, but I’ve definitely fine tuned the back end and the design of it this past year. I’ve resolved to the fact that were I live only dictates nature photos…well so be it! Grow where your planted right?
- NEW: Don’t let fear get in the way of progress: Fear of failing IS failing without trying. How do you know if you can or cannot do something if you don’t try it. Putting less pressure on yourself to ‘try something’ should be a goal to have for always.
- NEW: More Youtube Videos: I’m determined to try making more youtube videos again. Music videos, Hauls, anything I have an idea for…I’m just going to ‘do’. With no other thought than ‘just because ‘I want to’ or ‘it would be fun too…’. Forget subscribers, forget haters, I only have a small amount of videos on my channel, a hundred subscribers, and i already have had haters. It didn’t bother me as much as I realize thinking back. Youtube is there to enable us to share whatever we want. I look forward to it.
Do you have any goals for the new year?