New Year Goals
It’s been since 2012 when i last posted a new years resolution list. Reviewing it a few days ago, I realized I have almost the same list 3 years later so clearly…not accomplished. Well, this year i’m really starting out the year with a ‘now or never’ attitude. A ‘what am i waiting for’ attitude. Hopefully that will light a fire under my bum to get the frick going on my WIP (work in progress) projects I just can’t seem to finish!
So here is my list that i will hold myself accountable to this year, referring back to it often as a reminder, with goals i will keep this year. I used ‘will keep’ and not ‘want to keep’ because that right there is an invitation to fail.
- Get Healthy – I don’t think i have to become a vegetarian or vegan to get healthy. I can’t just eat vegetables and such. So my main goal is to work on my portion sizes, and try not eating what is categorized as ‘junk food’ as much as i have in the past.
- Declutter – There is a common feeling when a new year starts i think which is ‘starting fresh’. I walk around my house and just see ‘things’ everywhere that i don’t use or need anymore. Those things will be collected for Yard Sale this year.
- Goal Oriented – Being ‘this’ will make this list more purposeful. I let to many projects just go in the past, and there obviously is no accomplishment in that.
- Project 365: If you’ve never heard of it, it’s where you take a photo a day for an entire year. I’ve already started this one. My goal is to post on my Instagram one photo each day for two reasons. It will be an ongoing goal (to help me practice #3) that will help me i think practice taking better photos and practice composition. I plan each week then posting about the photos for the week.
- Scrapbook: My main goal is to get all my good digital photos chosen and get them printed. Next i’ve decided to ‘scrapbook’ them and not in the time consuming 3 hours per page type way. I have so much great paper that I can instead use them as just backdrops, and i’ll creates maybe simple mats for behind each photo, and just put them on the 12 x 12 page. Think ‘Project Life’ without the expensive books, paper or sleeves. I’ll just format my ‘pages’ the same way. With a background, and with small caption cards if i want to add a small story about each event. This will use up craft supplies i already have, be much quicker way to scrapbook and i’ll finally have photo albums to leaf through whenever i want.
- Lifestock.co: I NEED to finish this website. I love taking photos, and i’ve had this idea forever to get a website to sell them on as stock photography. I’ve been paying for this hosting space and website domain for a couple years now and i’m drumming up some hits and likes but no sales yet. I want that to change in the new year.
Take a moment to write down the things YOU would really like to do in the new year. Then tuck it away somewhere until later. Then in 6 months, check the list to see how many you have finished? It’s now or never! What are you waiting for? 🙂